Assignment #5:
New Product Blog Review
1. WHO is it
designed for? Who would appreciate this
product?
Moms trying to feed their kids healthy but appetizing products -- kids love chicken nuggets but they are so often heavily breaded and full of fillers and the chicken is poor quality and the breading is heavy and greasy.
2. WHAT is it, in
your own words?
This is a product that is significantly less breading, half the fat and 40 percent of the calories in other similar products.
3. HOW does this
product seem different/unique from existing offerings?
Less breading (significant), less calories, less fat, no steroids, antibiotics or hormones!
4. What would
people LOVE about it?
The fact that it looks good, you can take in less breading (and thus less calories and fats). The fact that it has no hormones, no antibiotics and no steroids. And less fat and good amount of protein. Lots of good things about this product.
5. WHEN should it
be used? WHERE might it fit into
people’s lives?
When? Meal time, snack time, lunch dinner Where? Your typical kitchen, your typical kids meal time, your typical adult meal time. In place of the heavily breaded chicken or non-breaded chicken meals that people have.
6. What does it
say &/or show on the LABEL/PACKAGING that is appealing to you? Anything that is not appealing to you?
Favorably, the wording is appealing -- no hormones, antibiotics or steroids Ever! The fact that it clearly shows the lower fat, lower calories, the less breading and has the calories and protein right at the very top of the package is great. The picture of the chicken itself is very appetizing, the salad next to it, adds to the healthy factor.
Negatively, the packaging reminds me of dog food actually (the color and the Natural logo make me think of like Benefuls or something I saw in the dog food aisle recently) (so maybe go back to the drawing board on the colors and fonts/logo!)
7. How would you
feel—physically & emotionally—about EATING this product?
I would feel good, I would be able to eat this knowing its providing a happy medium between breaded and non-breaded chicken with good meat, breading (which lets face it most of us like breading!) and no unwanted add ins such as fillers, steroids, antibiotics or hormones. I'm thinking this would taste good and be good for me.
8. How would you
feel about SERVING this product to your family?
I would be happy to serve this to my kids, grand-kids, family. It is a good option. A better option.
I would expect them to be better than some of their own products, better than Banquet, better than the store brands. Better than Weaver.
10. What product/s
would you expect Tyson Naturals to be NOT AS GOOD AS? Why?
I can't think of a product they would not be as good as at this time, considering the nutritional aspects.
11. Create an advertisement
that would convince people to try this new product.
Are you tired of the bread and not so breaded chicken products in your pre-cooked frozen chicken selections?
This product is for you, the healthy eater, the person that wants quality and a good looking product that not only provides nutrients but is not bland and uninteresting.
This product has 65% less breading but is consistent and has the same feel and texture of your traditional breaded white meat chicken. This Natural Tyson product is half the fat and 40 percent of the calories you would find in comparable breaded white meat chicken.
There are NO Antibiotics NO Hormones and NO Steroids! EVER! We give you as simple and as healthy a chicken product as possible. At 150 calories and 16 grams of protein, this is a essential part of any healthy meal!
Thanks Valerie. Just a reminder that there are some questions in blog #4 that need to be answered as well.
ReplyDeleteNice job here on the final blog. Just to pick your brain a bit, you came up with a list of products that this would be better than, but had a hard time picking what it would be not as good as. Are there any products you feel are comparable to this, then, or do you feel this is the first of its kind?
Hi! I have been checking back periodically and saw the questions and have answered any new ones now. As for any products that are comparable to this, no I don't know of any, I think this is the first of its kind and why? because I have not seen a BREADED product that has this low of a calorie count. If it can deliver the less breading but still offer that breaded taste at this calorie level I would try it ! I think it is unique and fills a need.
ReplyDeleteThanks Valerie for all your input throughout this assignment. There's no other questions for you.
ReplyDeleteThank you !
ReplyDelete